Fussypot gave vegancatsg quite a bit of grief when she went MIA, likely through no fault of her own. Luckily, she has been found, and is now back in the tender care of vegancatsg. Through this chronology of her loss and finding, vegancatsg's anxiety over her disappearance is a great microcosm of what cat caregivers experience when the cats under our care goes missing or becomes sick: - Fussypot - how long will she live? (20060227) - Fussypot's audible meow (20060227) - Fussypot - update (20060305) - Fussypot's voracious appetite sustains (20060307) - Fussypot's good appetite is maintaining (20060312) - New abandonee at carpark (20060317) - Another "new" face at the block & Fussypot remains missing (20060320) - Fussypot..being held in large hands to comfort and heal the spirit (20060322) - Is Fussypot still alive? (20060408) - Fussypot found! (vegancatsg, 20060409) Even though it is rather speculative, fussypot may possibly have been kitnapped, and the abductor may then decided to release her where it's convenient after he/she/they realise: - she may be sick, and deem her too much of a nuisance. having a sick cat in the house would be a style-cramper - he/she/they kitnapped on impulse and were not prepared for the responsiblity of caring for another life - fussypot may be noisy or unfriendly as she was stressed by the kitnap, and he/she/they did not want to bother to help her adapt. If you or anyone you know are thinking of taking a homeless cat home, by all means. BUT, before you do so, check that: - the cat is really alone. If the cat looks well-cared for, or if you know for a fact he/she has a caregiver, then for decency's sake, approach the care giver and let the caregiver know of your intentions. For all you know, the caregiver may even be able to let you in some of the cat's behaviour and quirks, which can only be useful info to you. - even if the cat is alone, make sure you are REALLY prepared to help the cat adapt to indoor living. Sterilisation, vaccinations, vet visits, proper food, litter-bin, scratchpost, fall-safe measures, these are all NECESSITIES that you, as a cat-parent must be prepared for. Whatever your rationale, do not treat your kitnapping as child's play. Remember your enthusiasm and your passion for wanting to take the cat home should you ever think of re-abandoning the cat. Putting the cat back on the street should never be an option. If you somehow manage to rationalise that you MUST release her, then do have the decency to put the cat back where you found him/her. Also, do not drag too long. Otherwise the vacuum effect would have set in, and the cat would be displaced by newcomers, and may be driven off his/her former territory. If it happens, it is ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT. Don't plead ignorance at any point in time, it's just a loser's cop-out. I'm adding Fussypot's case to the SINGAPORE UGLY casefile, based on the high likelihood of kitnap/abandonment. - Go to Pawprints: TNRM - Go to Singapore's Love-Hate Relationship with Trap-Neuter-Release Management - Go to Pawprints: TLC for other cat minon requisite education
Hey, what's that in my food dish??
It ain't peachy for Singaporean cats
Cats banned from NINETY % of homes
Singapore chooses killing over sterilisation
|Earth calling Homo Sapien||Is that blood in your lipstick?||Does your grub bleed?||DAILY donation clicks (FREE)
Bulk Click Donators|Charity Click!
purrsnswipes has moved! We're the
Updates are on the way, just that eta is uncertain - traffic jam and problems as listed in our last entry, "Buzz-out. Greetings from Cyber Purgatory". *points to first entry*
Thank you for your patience, and interest, and see you there,
29 June 2006
Sunday, April 09, 2006
If we had a calling-card for what we do outside of the moola-getting stuff, it'd likely read: ARMCHAIR advoCATS & HUMANITY CYNICS @ Kitty-Grub Delivery * Feline Mojo Robbery * Cat Rehoming (outsourced foster-care) * Home-Slacker Coddling * Petition Signing * Bureaucracy Rattling (Part-time) * Word Spreading - Because People Need To KNOW @ Members of "Listen To The Earth - We are not Cassandras for telling you there's only one Earth!" (Powered by mental-brainjuice of 2 two whacked-out sibs)
- Sara is home-free
- Transcendence, or maybe not
- Back up... or lose out
- THWARTED... by cyberclog
- Turtle soup? Banned species in pet shops (TODAY, 2...
- To those who killed Lingwu (TODAY, 20050707)
- Will someone love this blind pup? (TNP, 20050125)
- Animal rights group hunts for tiger in Sixth Avenu...
- 37 illegal animals recovered in raids (TODAY, 2004...
- Slow loris quick bust (TNP, 20041107)
- The Street Gangs (they whose homes are the fickle streets of Singapore)
- The Home Seekers (earnestly seeking personal laps and chin-ticklers)
- Adoption Guidebook - thoughts and views on the rehoming-gig
- The Home Slackers - the fat bums who have staked claims over sofa and bed
- The Associates - felines and furries slacking in other homes
- TLC (Must-knows and oughta-knows for your cats' utmost comfort while they lord over your life)
- TNRM (a.k.a Feline Mojo Robbery & After-care)
Cyber CatnipAbout Cats (All about Cats and Kittens - Cat Care - Cat Behaviour - Cat Health)
Cat Vaccines Your online resource for understanding the benefits, risks, and latest research on feline vaccines
PetEducation.com>Cats (Anatomy, Behaviour & Diseases of Cats and Kittens)
CatQuotes.com (Never be left defenseless without a kitty quote anymore)
|Cats Quote of the Day|
Today's Cat Quote
Quote provided by:
Say It With Cats
Fan out - Links!
For thee, beloved, we fret...
Cats, and their brethren braving the elements and human whimsies
- MettaCats (Rescue / Foster / Adoptions)
- Noah's Ark Natural Animal Sanctuary (NANAS)
- NTU Cat Cafe Society (NTU is a local Uni)
- SingaporeCats (msn grp)
- Alley Cat Allies
- Captive Animals' Protection Society
- IDA - In Defense Of Animals
Don't Breed Or Buy While Shelter Animals Die
- A PETSHOP KITTEN
- ARE YOU FUNDING PUPPY MILLS AND ANIMAL CRUELTY?
- Kitten Mills
- Little Shops of Sorrows: API's Pet Shop Campaign and Undercover Investigation
Earth calling Homo Sapien
- ACRES - Animal Concerns Research & Education Society
- AnimalsAsia - China Bear Rescue
- Asian Conservation Awareness Program
- Earthjustice: Because The Earth Needs A Good Lawyer
- enn - Environmental News Network
- IDA - In Defense Of Animals
- SSCS - Sea Shepherd Conservation Society
- UCS - Union of Concerned Scientists
- WSPA - World Society For The Protection Of Animals
Animal Cruelty - YOU Can Stop It!
Abandonment, Abuse, Cruelty, Neglect
In Singapore – Be aware of Law and Right
- Making a police report (from the blog of Dawn, CWS's Director of Operations)
- Police will tackle abuse seriously (Press release. Alt Link)
- The First Strike Campaign: ANIMAL SEXUAL ABUSE FACT SHEET by New Mexico Animal Control
Is that blood in your lipstick?The Holocaust Of Beauty
- Animal Testing in Cosmetic Industry
- Naturewatch Compassionate Shopping - L'Oreal fact file
- Procter & Gamble in the McSpotlight by Beyond MacDonald's
- 'Pet' Foods and Animal Testing Policies by Uncaged Campaigns: Against All Animal Experiments/Vivisection
- Iams - Pet Food Cruelty Exposed by Moggies - Home of the online Cat Guide
The Fur Trade
- China's Shocking Dog and Cat Fur Trade by furisdead.com
- Heather Mills McCartney - Dog & Cat Fur Petition
Your Consumerism Can Make Or Break Animal Cruelty And Environmental Destruction
- THE BODY SHOP FILE: Beyond "Shattered Image"
- BoycottTobacco.com (Chicken-In-A-Biscuit Sells Cigs)
- The Captive Animals' Protection Society
- Circuses.com: The Circus is No Place for Animal Abuse
- THE IMPACTS OF SHRIMP PRODUCTION - You Can Stop It! by EFJ - Environmental Justice Foundation. Protecting People And Planet
- Sustainable Travel International. Leave The World A Better Place
Does your grub bleed?So, where did your steak come from?
- THE MEATRIX: Fight Factory Farms! (non-gore flash animation)
- Free farm animals from the cruelty of confinement
- Foie Gras - Delicacy of Despair
- Consider The Lobster (pdf) by David Foster Wallace
Blessed are they who refuses meat
- Buddhist Resources on Vegetarianism and Animal Welfare
- Christian Religion and Vegetarian Resources
- Islam and Vegetarianism , Islamic Concern and Vegetarianism
On the side: arty-Farty, weighty, geek-outs, and what-have-yous
Expressions - the mental ilkMake a stand - air your views!
Good friends these are!
Eh? Say again? Language & *ahem*culture
Anime/Manga - Hai Dozo!
- Manga-A Gaijin's Guide to Anime and Manga
- Astronomy Picture of the Day
- PEARLJAM: Ten Club
- DarkLyrics.com (metal lyrics archive)
- Burgess Shale
- JOURNAL OF DINOSAUR PALEONTOLOGY
- Thomas D Mangelsen's Images Of Nature
- California Dreamin' - Spring/Summer, California, USA, 2001
Astronomy - Stars in my mind
Music - Soothing the Savage Beast? Maybe Not
Natural History & Paleontology
Photography - Memories are made of these
(Singapore blog italicised)
- 5-Cat Style & The Flyer
- The Blog Pound
- Cat Art Blog
- Catdonna's Cats
- Celeste, Queenie, Cookie, Cotton
- Chaos in the House of Cat
- Dogma and Cattitude
- Fat Eric and Friends
- Feral Cats In The News
- Foster Cats' Blog
- Don't mess with Kootoomonster!
- The PsychoKitty Speaks Out
- Working with The CWS
- Animal Ethics
- Animal Writings
- Bird Ecology Study Group, Nature Society (SG)
- Blogger for Dummies
- blog.bioethics.net - the bioethic web log
- Earth Blog
- For the Future of Our Forest
- Fresh Blog
- livescience.com blogs
- Mrs Budak's Lair
- NIHONgo For It!
- Of Human and Non-Human Animals
- Parking Idiots In Singapore
- Peter C Glover: Wires from the bunker
- Singapore Database
- Singapore Town Councils
blog toys and curios
Who links to me?
Have a comment?
Write to purrsNswipes: sephycat at gmail dot com or leave a comment on this blog entry: Meows and Hisses