Guardians we be
I really like the philosophy of IDA - In Defense Of Animals. If you go to their website, scroll all the way down to bottom, and you'll see this beatific statement:
It is the policy of In Defense of Animals to no longer use language that accepts the current concept of animals as property, commodities and/or things. Rather than refer to ourselves or others as "owners" of animals we share our lives with, we now refer to ourselves and others as "guardians" of our animal friends and to animals as "he" or "she" rather than "it."
Guardians do not buy or sell animals; instead they rescue and adopt. We urge you to do the same.
As the Earth Communication Office (ECO)
is always exhorting animal-planet viewers: Think About It
- Check out the links on the sidebar under these headings:
* Cats, and their brethren braving the elements and human whimsies
* Don't Breed Or Buy While Shelter Animals Die
* Earth calling Homo Sapien
* Is that blood in your lipstick?
* Does your grub bleed?
- Go to SINGAPORE UGLY / Casefile: Cruel Singapore. Hack-care Singapore.