Homeseekers
Associates
Home Slackers
Kibble Matters
Hey, what's that in my food dish??
IamsCruelty.com
singapore UGLY
SOS
Cruelty 101
It ain't peachy for Singaporean cats
Cats banned from NINETY % of homes
Singapore chooses killing over sterilisation

TNRM

TNRM 101
The Street Gangs

CARE!

Earth calling Homo Sapien Is that blood in your lipstick? Does your grub bleed? DAILY donation clicks (FREE)
Bulk Click Donators|Charity Click!

purrsnswipes has moved! We're the
Tipped Ear Clan
at wordpress.com.

Updates are on the way, just that eta is uncertain - traffic jam and problems as listed in our last entry, "Buzz-out. Greetings from Cyber Purgatory". *points to first entry*

Thank you for your patience, and interest, and see you there,
calsifer
29 June 2006

Friday, May 19, 2006

Farewell, Good Charlotte

Sweet Charlotte (2005) I want to cry for Charlotte, but I am too angry to be able to shed tears. Charlotte, the first community cat btmao and I ever sterilised, in 1998-1999, was the founding member of the Street Gangs. Charlotte, the sweet old girl, died this morning at about 8am. She was still weak and emaciated from battling a mysterious bout of jaundice that would have claimed her life if we hadn't urged her 'family' to bring her to the vet asap and not wait for the weekend when the father was free to do so. Her 'family' sms'd btmao about her passing but said little else. Charlotte's story is a one that is a confusing mix of emotions and views, and I will try to write it out sometime. But now, all I want to do is rage against the nonchalance that some people display toward the well-being of cats they 'own' and profess to love. Charlotte, whom her 'family' called Manja, to the best of my understanding, didn't have to die, and she wouldn't have, if her 'family' had heeded our repeated-through-the-years advice about keeping her indoors and feeding her proper food and not the gunky ikan bilis-friskies-purina blend they persistently dish out. The family still has two cats, Ian, another premiere member of our Street Gangs and another tabby female. I hope they realise and learn from Charlotte's plight and treat these two right. I don't know what I'll do if I see her 'family' right now. Rant, terrifyingly I think. I shall have to keep away until I get a hold, for Ian's sake if nothing else. There is no attempt at prettified words, like for Velvet, because it is just too raw, especially when you've known sweet sweet Charlotte personally. Excuse me while I go and try to get a good cry out. - Go to Pawprints: TNRM - Go to SINGAPORE UGLY / Casefile: Cruel Singapore. Hack-care Singapore. - Go to HDB bans cats - government body chronically misconceived - Go to Singapore's Love-Hate Relationship with Trap-Neuter-Release Management - Check out the purrsNswipes Adoption Guidebook - Meet our homeseekers - Go to Pawprints: TLC for cat minon requisite education - Go to SOS and see how you help some Singapore animals in need